- We are excited to announce that the NDPHS Secretariat has moved to a new location at Momma Reenstierna Palace in the heart of Södermalm, just a walking distance from our previous office in the Old Town of Stockholm. Click here to read more...
- NDPHS is participating in the 10th Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea region (EUSBSR) focusing on demographic changes along with the circular and sharing economy.
View our selection of links. They feature websites presenting global, regional and national initiatives and strategies on public health and social well-being, and websites of selected organisations and institutions.
Joint TB Control Project St. Petersburg - Finland; Phase III 2008–2009
|Project title||Joint TB Control Project St. Petersburg - Finland; Phase III 2008–2009|
|Database||Data manually inserted in the NDPHS Database|
|ID in the source database||1153|
|Topic||TB control in St. Petersburg.|
|Project geographical area||Russia|
|Substate level / administrative units /regions||St. Petersburg|
|Lead partner (organisation)||Filha (Finnish Lung Health Association)|
|Lead partner (owner or/and project manager)||no data|
|Partner organisations||North-Western State Medical University named after I.I Mechnikov|
|Target audience||Health sector, infectious disease control.|
|Summary||The aim of this project is to improve TB control and decreasing TB incidence in two districts of the city of St. Petersburg, with a population of about 0.55 million people. The project has four components.|
|Background||Filha tuberculosis project in St. Petersburg began with a preparatory phase in 2000-2001. The first phase of the project was carried out in 2002-2004 and the second phase in 2005-2007. The third phase of the project was launched at the beginning of 2008 and it shall continue until the end of 2009.|
(1) Development of rapid laboratory methods for culture and drug susceptibility tests (DST) of TB.
(2) Training in diagnostics, treatment and prevention of multi drug resistant (MDR) TB, including the development and planning of a new MDR TB ward. HIV complex of problems emphasized.
(3) Improvement of the laboratory and clinical collaboration to achieve more reliable diagnostics and
(4) forming a consilium of local MDR-TB experts, representing various organizations in the region.
|Specific objectives/indicators||no data|
1) Improved rapid TB diagnostics,
2) Improved cooperation between clinic and laboratory,
3) Adequate MDR ward,
4) Improved overall cooperation in the region,
5) Improved collaboration between organizations in the area handling MDR-TB. The most important activities 2008: Training individually and arranging seminars. Supervision. Strengthening of TB organization and collaboration in the region.
|Total foreseen budget||EUR 812,789|
Total implementation costs
(for completed projects, if available)
Conversion to € was done on
(according to the relevant
exchange rate at
Infoeuro Monthly Files)
|Financing agencies / organisations||Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland|
|Project's URL / project's website||http://www.filha.fi/in_english...losis_control_proje/|
|Papers associated with this project||no data|
|Further information||no data|
|Last posted:||on 2011-03-12 at 15:57:19|