- The NDPHS Secretariat (the Coordinator of the Policy Area “Health” in the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, EUSBSR) organised together with coordinators of the EUSBSR Horizontal Action “Capacity” a training on project design, development and planning implementation. (Read more)
- NDPHS issues its e-Newsletter 1/2017 which includes farewell words from the outgoing NDPHS Secretariat Director and provides latest news and updates on recent NDPHS activities. (Read more)
- 7th Meeting of the Expert Group on HIV, TB and Associated Infections, 8-9.11.2018, Riga
- 6th Meeting of the Expert Group on Prison Health, 25-26 October
- 2nd NDPHS workshop on a flagship on aging populations, 24 October 2018, Oslo
- 30th Meeting of the Committee of Senior Representatives, 17-18 October 2018
View our selection of links. They feature websites presenting global, regional and national initiatives and strategies on public health and social well-being, and websites of selected organisations and institutions.
Actors and Structure
Partnership Annual Conference
The Partnership Annual Conference (PAC) is the main decision-making body of the NDPHS. It convenes once a year, holding its meetings at the ministerial level every alternating year. Being the overall mechanism for steering the NDPHS, the PAC formulates NDPHS policies, reviews progress made and provides high-level guidance to the Partnership.
The following are the main tasks of the Partnership Annual Conference as described in the Oslo Declaration:
- Formulating the overall policy orientation of the Partnership;
- Deciding on possible joint activities to be carried out within the framework of the Partnership and approving Work Programmes and other proposals aimed at improved co-ordination and policy coherence among Partners;
- Ensuring the efficient exchange of information, including the use of relevant databases;
- Recommending measures that facilitate improved co-ordination of projects and programmes carried out in the Northern Dimension area;
- Exploring possible synergies and ensuring a better and more efficient division of labour and responsibilities between Partners and Participants;
- Facilitating networking, promoting international contacts to stimulate professional discussions, exchange of competence and experience, sharing of best practices and information;
- Ensuring political support and continued commitment among Partners and Participants;
- Facilitating funding opportunities for activities in support of the Partnership objectives.
Documents submitted to PAC meetings as well as meeting minutes can be found here. These documents can also be accessed through the Meetings button on the top menu bar.
To see a graphical presentation of the organisational structure of the NDPHS, please view the organigram.