- 2nd Meeting of the Strategy Working Group 2014, 25 March 2014
- 8th Meeting of the Expert Group on Alcohol and Substance Abuse, 3-4 April 2014
- 3rd Meeting of the Parties to the Agreement on the Establishment of the NDPHS Secretariat, 24 April 2014
- 23rd Meeting of the Committee of Senior Representatives, 24-25 April 2014
- The NDPHS holds a ministerial-level conference, discusses main challenges to health and social well-being in the region and sets priorities for the future regional cooperation. Germany and Estonia to lead the Partnership for the next two years. (Read more)
- Helping prepare health initiatives for 2014-2020. NDPHS holds a successful regional conference. (Read more)
- 688 projects
- 427 organisations
- 591 persons
- 77 papers
Show/hide graph of the total funding granted for projects since January 2008
View our selection of links. They feature websites presenting global, regional and national initiatives and strategies on public health and social well-being, and websites of selected organisations and institutions.
Welcome to the NDPHS website!
The NDPHS is a cooperative effort of nine governments, the European Commission and eight international organisations (see below). It provides a forum for concerted action to tackle challenges to health and social well-being in the Northern Dimension area.
The Partnership's mission is to promote sustainable development of the Northern Dimension area by improving peoples’ health and social well-being. It aims to contribute to this process by intensifying cooperation, assisting the Partners and Participants in capacity building, and by enhancing coordination between international activities within the area.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: ACCOUNTANT/ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER AT THE NDPHS SECRETARIAT
The NDPHS Secretariat is looking for an experienced professional to fill the vacant post of an Accountant/Administrative Officer at our secretariat. It will be a part-time employment (40% working time). Complete applications must arrive at the NDPHS Secretariat not later than 14 March 2014. Click here to download the vacancy notice and the application form.
NORTHERN DIMENSION PUBLIC HEALTH AND SOCIAL WELL-BEING NEWS
Move cursor over headings | Submit your news
(06-11-2013) New EU legislation improves health security in Europe
It lays down rules on epidemiological surveillance, monitoring, early warning of, and combating serious cross-border threats to health, including preparedness and response planning related to those activities. A mechanism for the joint procurement of medical countermeasures is established.
Further information: http://eur-lex.europ...293:0001:0015:EN:PDF
(25-10-2013) Germany adopts the strategy “Shaping global health – taking joint action – embracing responsibility”
By implementing the strategy, adopted by the Cabinet of Germany on 10 July 2013, Germany enhances its contribution to solving global health problems. The strategy defines five priorities and splits responsibility of implementation among various Federal ministries.
Further information: http://www.bmg.bund....l-health-policy.html