- We are excited to announce that the NDPHS Secretariat has moved to a new location at Momma Reenstierna Palace in the heart of Södermalm, just a walking distance from our previous office in the Old Town of Stockholm. Click here to read more...
- NDPHS is participating in the 10th Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea region (EUSBSR) focusing on demographic changes along with the circular and sharing economy.
- 3rd MITTENS Project Steering Group Meeting, 3 November 2021, online
- 18th Meeting of the Parties to the Agreement on the Establishment of the NDPHS Secretariat, 17 November 2021 (13:00 - 15:30 CET)
- PAC 15 side-event "Connecting minds across the ages", 23 November, Stockholm and online
- 15th Partnership Annual Conference, 25 November 2021, Warsaw
View our selection of links. They feature websites presenting global, regional and national initiatives and strategies on public health and social well-being, and websites of selected organisations and institutions.
You can read and download newsletters in a PDF format on this page.
The Secretariat will publish two issues of the NDPHS e-Newsletter per year. Individuals, organisations and institutions interested in submitting material to be published in the newsletter are invited to contact the NDPHS Secretariat.
Subscribe / unsubscribe
We encourage you to subscribe to the NDPHS e-Newsletter (use the same link to unsubscribe). Each time we will publish a new issue, you will immediately receive it in a pdf format by e-mail (NB: a pdf file can be ca. 1 MB large).
If you prefer to be notified by e-mail that a new issue of our newsletter is available on this website rather than receive large files, please subscribe to the NDPHS e-News service.
|NDPHS e-Newsletter 1/2017|
This issue of the NDPHS e-Newsletter opens with the farewell words from the outgoing NDPHS Secretariat Director who is leaving the post after 11 years in service.
Further on, you will find information about and an invitation to the training on project design, development and implementation that the NDPHS Secretariat will organise together with the coordinators of the EUSBSR Horizontal Action “Capacity.” This EU co-financed event will be held on 8-9 November 2017 in Riga, Latvia and the deadline for applying for participation in it is 20 September 2017.
You can also read about the cross-border data transfer of eHealth data in the Baltic Sea Region and the outcomes of a seminar devoted to this topic, which was held during the 8th Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region (EUSBSR).
With five dedicated articles, the focus of this issue is on prison health in the Northern Dimension area. First, you can read an interview with Mr. Lars Møller, WHO Health in Prison Project Manager. Next is an article by the NDPHS Prison Health Expert Group’s leadership about the importance of using the time spent in state detention centres to improve the health status. Furthermore, you can read about new approaches for treatment of addicted prisoners in Latvia, as well as about the situation with hepatitis C and its treatment in Swedish prisons. Last but not least, we have included an article about the conditions of incarcerated mothers and their children in prisons in Russia and the new developments in this regard.