- 29.06.2022. Dr. Ülla-Karin Nurm, director at the NDPHS Secretariat speaks with POMORSKIE Regional EU Office about challenges and vision for improving active and healthy ageing in the Baltic Sea Region.
Statement by the National Coordinators Group of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region concerning the suspension of cooperation with Russia and Belarus
View our selection of links. They feature websites presenting global, regional and national initiatives and strategies on public health and social well-being, and websites of selected organisations and institutions.
A Database on Public Health Projects in North Eastern Europe and its neighbouring countries
|Project title||A Database on Public Health Projects in North Eastern Europe and its neighbouring countries|
|Database||Data manually inserted in the NDPHS Database|
|ID in the source database||537|
|Topic||Integrative approaches on lifestyles and sexual and reproductive health, HIV/AIDS.|
|Project geographical area||
|Substate level / administrative units /regions||no data|
|Lead partner (organisation)||Northern Dimension Partnership in Public Health and Social Well-being (NDPHS) Secretariat|
|Lead partner (owner or/and project manager)||no data|
|Target audience||All actors working in the field of public health and social well-being in the Northern Dimension area.|
|Summary||The overall aim of this project is to contribute to the reduction of the serious health and social problems in the Northern Dimension area, which risk to have a negative impact on health development in the European Union (EU). This is to be achieved by the preparation of thematic reports, network creation and new project proposals for the purpose of more coordinated project and policy efforts in this area. This coordination work is based on an innovative info/database tool which is created within the framework of this project. The database tool and project pipeline are already created and ready to use. It is for the first time combined newly collected information on projects and processes on HIV/AIDS, lifestyle related diseases, prison health, etc. with existing relevant data, policies, research, best practice, etc. (from other databases). The NDPHS Secretariat acts as the project management office with a full-time project expert, who can draw on the active involvement of all project partners and the ND Expert Groups. The tool/reports/networks will be open / accessible to all interested stakeholders. The project will result in a series of policy recommendations, proposals for future project actions to be carried out and newly created or strengthened networks.|
|Background||A number of databases exist, which also cover the area of the Northern Dimension and/or the related health areas. But there is no one single database available which combines this data into “ready at hand” information on the situation in these areas and an overall picture of the projects developed. There is no such tool currently available which combines the information on projects, epidemiological data, organizations in place, project experts, investments, policy in place, research, best practice, target groups, etc. into one database and web portal. Whereas the tool to be developed by the project will as such already be accessible to all interested bodies, the project will go beyond this and USE the data in order to create relevant networks, prepare recommendations for project areas to be covered, develop policy recommendations, etc. Thus the project will not only provide a "passive" tool, but also create an "active" mechanism to fill the gaps in the areas of HIV/AIDS, life style related diseases, prisoner health and other health areas in the countries of the Northern Dimension.|
• The overall aim of the project is to contribute to reduce the serious health and social problems in the Northern Dimension area, which risk to have a negative impact on health development in the EU in general.
• The strategic objective of this project is to achieve a coordinated policy and project approach in actions against HIV/AIDS and lifestyle-related diseases and for healthy and socially rewarding lifestyles.
1. The first specific objective of the project is to develop an innovative, easy-to-use database tool that gives the combined information on projects and processes in place by various donors, organisations, NGOs, etc. combined with existing data. The specific health fields to be covered are communicable diseases, notably HIV/AIDS, lifestyle related diseases, the use of drugs as well as health promotion in the North European countries.
2. The second specific objective of the project is to use this tool to prepare a series of thematic reports on integrated analyses in specific health and geographical areas and creating efficient organisational and expert networks in these areas.
3. The third specific objective of the project is to create a project pipeline on the basis of the database, analyses and networks created. The project pipeline is the process and platform of developing new joint projects within the Partnership.
1. The project has yielded sever tangible results since its commencement. For example this present NDPHS Database as well as the NDPHS Project Pipeline have been developed and launched, and the NDPHS e-Newsletter is published biannually.
2. A series of thematic reports: policy papers/recommendations, project gaps identified, transfer of "best practice" have been produced through the project, these fact sheets are being distributed to international, national and regional bodies, etc.
3. The project has also resulted in the creation and stimulation of existing networks of stakeholders for the targeted health and geographical areas.
4. Finally the project has resulted in new, joint projects via the project pipeline.
Other results include the following:
• Possible overlaps in funding and actions will be avoided;
• Synergies between existing and future projects developed;
• Efforts of various donors effectively combined;
• Project efforts aligned with national policy and social and economic development of the countries where they are in place;
• Technical assistance projects linked to investment projects in the field;
• Areas and topics identified where project are needed and institutional gaps;
• Best practice of projects shared and used for new projects;
• Tapping of existing expertise in the form of research, training and information material;
• Tapping of relevant local/regional/international institutions and project experts
|Total foreseen budget||EUR 256,177|
Total implementation costs
(for completed projects, if available)
Conversion to € was done on
(according to the relevant
exchange rate at
Infoeuro Monthly Files)
|Financing agencies / organisations||
|Project's URL / project's website||www.ndphs.org|
|Papers associated with this project||
|Further information||no data|
|Last posted:||on 2009-08-26 at 15:53:31|