- We are excited to announce that the NDPHS Secretariat has moved to a new location at Momma Reenstierna Palace in the heart of Södermalm, just a walking distance from our previous office in the Old Town of Stockholm. Click here to read more...
- NDPHS is participating in the 10th Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea region (EUSBSR) focusing on demographic changes along with the circular and sharing economy.
- 3rd MITTENS Project Steering Group Meeting, 3 November 2021, online
- 18th Meeting of the Parties to the Agreement on the Establishment of the NDPHS Secretariat, 17 November 2021 (13:00 - 15:30 CET)
- PAC 15 side-event "Connecting minds across the ages", 23 November, Stockholm and online
- 15th Partnership Annual Conference, 25 November 2021, Warsaw
View our selection of links. They feature websites presenting global, regional and national initiatives and strategies on public health and social well-being, and websites of selected organisations and institutions.
Support to the coordination and implementation of activities within the Health Policy Area of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region Action Plan (PA Health Support)
|Project title||Support to the coordination and implementation of activities within the Health Policy Area of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region Action Plan (PA Health Support)|
|Database||Data manually inserted in the NDPHS Database|
|ID in the source database||1470|
|Topic||Coordination and implementation of activities aimed to help achieve a broader, more efficient and better targeted cooperation in addressing health-related regional challenges.|
|Project geographical area||
|Substate level / administrative units /regions||no data|
|Lead partner (organisation)||Northern Dimension Partnership in Public Health and Social Well-being (NDPHS) Secretariat|
|Lead partner (owner or/and project manager)||no data|
|Partner organisations||no data|
|Target audience||Regional stakeholders, among them: policy-makers and decision-makers (i.a., parliamentarians and senior officials at national, regional and local government institutions), academia, non-governmental organisations|
|Summary||The project is supporting the coordination and implementation of activities within the Health Policy Area of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region Action Plan.|
|Background||The main social well-being and health related challenges faced by the BSR countries are the same: an ageing society, poverty, social exclusion and health inequalities, the increasing burden of non-communicable diseases and new health threats. The scale of the health-related challenges requires countries to continue, strengthen and further improve regional cooperation efforts building on the work already done.|
|Objectives||The objectives of the project are to further strengthen (i) the NDPHS capacity and coordinating role in the EUSBSR PA Health and (ii) the PA Health activities aimed to help achieve a broader, more efficient and better targeted cooperation in addressing health-related regional challenges.|
1. Objective: update of the EUSBSR section of the NDPHS website and NDPHS Database; increased visibility of PA Health; publication of articles; including PA Health issues on one regional meeting agenda.
2. Objectives: relevant regional stakeholders are reached and provided with information about the EUSBSR PA Health and its benefits, regional cooperation in health and are invited to relevant PA Health events and activities.
3. Objectives: the concept of a policy-to-project-to-policy cycle is presented to relevant stakeholders and they are informed about the assistance and tools available to them in project development, fund-raising, implementation and follow-up.
4. Objective: joint regional interventions that would include stakeholders from the EU, NO and RU are discussed and possibly agreed upon.
5. Objectives: one long article stressing the importance of health and social well-being for all other policy areas is developed and published on the NDPHS website and in the NDPHS Database, and two short articles included in the NDPHS e-Newsletter.
1. The knowledge about the PA Health and the regionally agreed health and social well- being objectives and priorities is strengthened among the relevant actors and the public at large.
2. A stronger commitment of the already engaged actors and new actors engaged in regional cooperation in health and specifically the PA Health.
3. Strengthened policy-to-project-to-policy cycle within the PA Health.
4. The dialogue in the health and social well-being area between actors from the BSR EU countries and third countries is strengthened.
5. Further increased profile of health and social well-being among regional stakeholders.
|Total foreseen budget||EUR 117,647|
Total implementation costs
(for completed projects, if available)
Conversion to € was done on
(according to the relevant
exchange rate at
Infoeuro Monthly Files)
|Financing agencies / organisations||
|Project's URL / project's website||http://www.ndphs.org/?eusbsr_implementation|
|Papers associated with this project|
|Further information||The project is financed by the European Union through the Interreg Baltic Sea Region Programme 2014-2020.|
|Last posted:||on 2015-08-21 at 13:45:39|